Each guest comes to West Virginia with their own set of expectations for their stay. The West Virginia Welcome program will assist you in understanding how to satisfy and even exceed those expectations for everyone’s benefit – including yours! If guests enjoy your outstanding service, they may choose to return soon. The impressions formed by West Virginia guests, good or bad, will last for years to come. Therefore, the state’s image depends on you! Every guest should be treated like a V.I.P.
After all, isn’t that how you would like to be treated?
West Virginia Welcome Goals
- To improve the quality of service each employee provides West Virginia guests.
- To be guest-sensitive and search for opportunities to assist our guests.
- To practice hospitality every day to exceed our guests’ expectations and build guest loyalty.
- To share information regarding the services and local attractions available with all guests.
- To value everyone who is a guest.
- To recognize that every guest impacts our business.
- To certify investors of West Virginia Welcome.
West Virginia Welcome
This training made possible as a joint project of the West Virginia Department of Education, West Virginia Hospitality and Travel Association, and the West Virginia University Extension Service. Thanks to The Media Center for video recording and production services. Photos provided by the West Virginia Division of Tourism.
Special Thanks to the Review Committee:
- Doug Arbogast
- Frank DeMarco
- Carol Fulks
- Jerry Henderson
- Cara Rose
- Ruth Taylor
- Tami Maynard
Actors for the various videos are:
- Jonathan Price – Businessman/Father
- Marsha Hopkins – Front Desk
- Christian Deiss – Young Boy
- Chole Konstanty – Young Girl
Voice-Over service provided by WWVU-FM (U92).
- Male voice – Matt Fouty
- Female Voice – Emily Hughart